About

Hi, I'm Rachel. I'm 19 and I live in England.

Sunday 31 March 2013

Recent Lipgloss Favorites!




      Recently I purchased two new lip products - The L'Oreal Paris GlamShine Stain Splash in the shade 'Lolita' and The Revlon ColourBurst Lipgloss in 'Crystal Lilac' 

      Both have a sheer formula, but the L'Oreal is more of a Lip Stain rather than just a straight out gloss. When I apply this lip stain, I find that the colour lasts for hours! I was at work practically all day last week, and applied this in the morning, and it lasted until I got home later in the afternoon! (woo!) 'Lolita' is the lightest shade in the collection, and it is more of a neutral toned pink, that gives my lips just that little bit extra colour to make them stand out, as well as give them a nice shine. Application is so easy, and the packaging makes it look so much more expensive than it is. When applied onto the lips, it starts to dry, but it doesn't have that 'sticky' feeling which other lip products have. The smell is amazing too, I can't really describe it, but it smells of sweets and vanilla?  I don't really know, but that what it reminds me of! I've been wearing this all week and I am very impressed with it, I've teamed it up with the neutral tones of my Naked Basics pallet, because I want a fairly natural look, so this on my lips that gives some colour is perfect to complete my look!



L'Oreal Paris GlamShine Stain Splash - 'Lolita' - £7.99

Revlon ColourBurst Lipgloss - Crystal Lilac - £7.99
You can easily see the small glitter particles in the formula!
I also picked up then Revlon ColourBurst Lipgloss in Crystal Lilac, because Boots currently has a 3 for 2 offer on their makeup! (my bank balance is now quivering!) I also like this product, but is more of a lipgloss than a lip stain, so it doesn't have the same lasting power as the L'Oreal one. However in saying that, the colour is really pretty, such a light shimmery pink, which suits my blonde hair blue eye look. I'm into the more neutral/soft pink side to lipsticks/lip glosses and yet to really venture into the world of red lip colour, mainly because I'm a bit apprehensive to walk out with bold red lips! However, I'm sure the need will come to me one day soon enough. This lip gloss smells sooo good, just like vanilla  and I can smell is on my lips until it wears off. The down side to it is that it does need to be reapplied regularly, if wearing it just on its own. However, I am yet to try it over a lipstick to see if the wear time is any longer. Again, super easy to apply and gives the lips that nice shimmering glow. 

The revlon is slightly more opaque than the L'Oreal one, and when the Revlon lipgloss is on the lips, it is much more of a paler pink, my photo doesn't do it justice! 




0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment