About

Hi, I'm Rachel. I'm 19 and I live in England.

Friday 5 April 2013

Mac Lipstick Review - 'Hue'


'Hue' - £14.00
 I have been looking at this Lipstick for a while now, and after having heard so many good reviews by different beauty bloggers and Youtubers I felt like it wouldn't hurt to purchase it. The nearest Mac counter to me is in Selfridges in Manchester, so when my mum and I ventured into town for a cheeky shopping day last Monday, I couldn't pass up the opportunity! With this being my second 'Mac' lipstick, I wasn't feeling brave enough to go for any bright red shade, because I'm really loving the soft pinks and neutrals at the moment, and I know this is a must have soft pink shade, especially for beginners!  



     
 Hue is a 'Glaze' finish, and is described by Mac as a 'Soft Pale Pink' which I think describes it perfectly. I have to say that I thought it would be slightly more pigmented, because it is only just visible on my lips. However, this could be down to my pale complexion, and the soft pink shade is washed out by my skin and doesn't really do a lot for me. I think it would show up better when I have a tan (which isn't often!) but I do apply it sometimes for nights out and special occasions, but I shall have to test this theory. I may also have to try it with my Revlon ColourBurst Lipgloss in Crystal Lilac, just to see if it would give any definition and more pigmentation to this lipstick. The gloss is also a very pale pink shade, so it would most likely match. Wear time is the same as my 'Jubilee' lipstick, and doesn't dry out the lips at all. Re-application would be needed thoughtout the day if you wanted the colour to last, because I found myself having a sip of water and having to reapply straight after, which you don't really want after paying £14.00 for a lipstick! 

Comparing the shades of the two

Left: 'Jubilee'
Right: 'Hue' 
    
I think I will go for a slightly less of a paler pink for my next purchase, for something thing a little more pigmented. I do like this colour, but I'm a little disappointed with how it looks on my lips. 

                                                                         

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment