About

Hi, I'm Rachel. I'm 19 and I live in England.

Saturday 30 March 2013

No7 Instant Radiance Foundation - Calico


     Sooo, about 3 weeks ago I went to Boots in the hunt of a new foundation, because I had run out of my 'Rimmel Match Perfection.' I have really pale skin, therefore I am always a bit skeptical of choosing the right shade, and obviously in boots there isn't anyone there to help you with the different shades, and sometimes the testers are missing (boo!). With all this in mind, I went to the No7 stand, and asked the assistant to 'Colour Match' me, which is a relatively new service by No7 that electronically matches anyones skin tone to one of their foundations. I got matched with 'Calcio' Which I'm convinced is one of their fairest/or is the fairest in the range. I opted for their 'Instand Radiance Foundation' because I wanted to try the more 'dewy' look rather than the 'Stay Perfect' more moisturizing formula. I have to say that I really like this foundation, and does give me a nice glow! I'd say that it has a light coverage because my freckles shine through, although it is buildable if you do want more coverage. It doesn't feel thick when applied, which is a factor that I look for in a foundation, because no one really wants to have the 'cakey' feel or look on their face now do they!? I have dry skin, so I suit the more 'dewy' formulas that bring the glow into my skin. Especially with being pale, this foundation is perfect for 'putting some life' into my face.  Unlike the Rimmel 'Wake me up foundation,' this No7 formula doesn't have noticeable shimmering particles in it but still managed to brighten the face. I have tried the Rimmel one, but actually prefer this to it, because the Rimmel shade collection let me down. The lightest shade in that collection is just a little too dark for me, so sadly it didn't live up to the extraordinary large hype for me (unpopular opinion!) although the formular was fantastic. Another thing that I like about this product is that it has a pump, which makes life just that little bit easier doesn't it!?
Its a nice lower priced foundation, but I would say that is isn't my absolute favorite. 



    I apply it with my 'Real Techniques Stippling Brush' because I find that it helps to give me a flawless look, and it is so easy to blend around the chin and hair line with this brush. I also have the Mac 190 foundation brush, which I used to use all the time, until I recently bought the stippling brush, so I am yet to try this foundation with the 190 brush. If you don't have the stippling brush, I recommend that you go out and buy one! It can be applied smoothly and evenly with just the hands, as it is easy to blend. 
   If you want a foundation that lifts and brightens up your face, then this is the one to go for, and if you feel like you want a change from the Rimmel 'Wake me up' foundation.
 Priced at £12.50.

1 Comment:

Unknown

Hey
I am looking to get this foundation. I love taking photos on nights out and I was worried about this foundation as it has an SPF in it and that sometimes causes flashback. Does it cause flashback in photos?
xxx

Post a Comment