About

Hi, I'm Rachel. I'm 19 and I live in England.

Sunday 31 March 2013

Mac Lipstick - Jubilee


   This was my very first Mac lipstick purchase, and how very exciting was it to go up to the Mac counter for the very first time! (not to mention slightly intimidating!) However, I walked away with 'Jubilee' which is a 'Lusture' finish. Mac describes it as a 'Naked Beigey-Pink' which I do actually agree with. It gives your lips that 'your colour but beter look' and because it is a 'lusture' is gives a nice shine that makes your lips stand out. The reason I chose this shade was because I wanted to try a neutral shade, but with a pinky tone running along with it to wear at work,  so nothing too brown in other words.  I feel that this lipstick achieves this, and gives me some colour, without without being too over the top. It's super easy to apply, and I do normally wear it without any lip liner, but I am finding myself going back into my bag to re-apply every few hours or so. Being that this was my first Mac lipstick, and I didn't want to go too adventurous with my first colour choice! However, I am very keen to try out more shades. I feel as though I am being pulled towards 'Hue' (which is a cult favorite i've noticed!) and Viva Glam V, which are again both very pink/neutral shades, but as I am coming to realize  no girl can only just have a few Mac lipsticks! No mater how loud my bank balance protests!






  My camera makes its look much more of a neutral 'pinky' shade rather than the brown tones that this lipstick has in it. However, I would say that the colour shown here is more of a representation of what it looks like when it is translated onto the lips. I wear this for when I'm at work, or college, because it's not the kind of lipstick that screams 'look at me!' its much more subtle and refined, in fact my best friend didn't notice that I had anything on my lips when I wore it for the first time! Boys eh?
Overall a lovely lipstick that is great for daytime wear!

1 Comment:

Jenn

hi! im jenn and i just found your blog and omg, I LOVE the design! its simple and not messy, i followed u! :) if you've got nothing better to do, i have a blog too :D http://jenndocuments.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment