About

Hi, I'm Rachel. I'm 19 and I live in England.

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Origins and La Roche-Posay Life Savers


I had been looking for products that suit my dry skin for a while, because my skin was just not playing ball. Now that I think of it, the cold winter, foot operation and a bad case of glandular fever  may have had something to do with it. After my foot operation in late October, I felt that my skin was in desperate need to be moisturised  I took a trip to boots (when I could walk again) and purchased the La Roche-Posay 'Hydraphase UV Intense' which is a rehydrating moisturiser. I applied a generous amount of it before I went to sleep, and my skin felt so smooth and moisturised when I woke up the next morning, it was amazing! When I came to applying my makeup, my foundation didn't rest in any dry patches, and I had a smooth finish. I continued to use every night and even as my morning moisturiser, but found that because of it being an intense hydrating product, my foundation tended to 'slip off' my face during the day. But overall, a brilliant product, that helped me so much with my dry skin, without breaking me out, and smells lovely!

I then tried looking for a morning/everyday moisturiser, and by this time Christmas was approaching. I had wanted to try the 'Origins - Drink Up Intensive' over night mask for ages, seeing as every beauty bigger had parsed it so highly. As well as the 'Make a Different Plus' Rejuvenating moisturiser. I had seen that there was a special Christmas skincare package that was selling these two products, as well as the 'Make a Different Plus' hand cream and rejuvenation treatment lotion.' I had to have a box, and I put it straight on my Christmas list. As soon as Christmas day came, I couldn't wait to try my new products! The 'Make A Difference' moisturiser is brilliant. It sorts out my dry skin, and really makes it feel amazing! Te product does have a smell, but it isn't harsh at all, I do like and can ignore it. This is my current daily moisturiser, and unlike the La Roche-Posay product, I can use it underneath my foundation without it slipping and sliding everywhere but still give me the moisture that I need.
The 'Drink up intensive' mask is hyped up for a reason, I use it two or three times a week, depending on how my skin is feeling, to really treat my skin, and get the moisture levels where they need to be. It sinks in incredibly quickly, and isn't sticky when I want to put my head on my pillow. Its such an amazing product and I switch this and the La Roche-Posay one regularly because I love them both.

Have you tried them, what do you think?

Rachel x

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment